THE Cairns Chamber of Commerce has partnered with Tradelinked Cairns and Papua New Guinea to offer a second business delegation to PNG for 2016.
The chamber said the delegation would visit Port Moresby and Bougainville from October 18 to 23.
“The delegation is to continue developing mutually beneficial business relationships between Cairns and PNG as well as introducing delegates to the potential of Bougainville as a future market opportunity,” it said.
“Delegation members will have the opportunity to attend the Tradelinked Cairns and Papua New Guinea business networking event on the first evening in Port Moresby.
“The monthly event attracts around 100 local businesses and will be an excellent networking opportunity.”
The activities over the five days include: Business-to-opportunity matching to maximise each delegate’s investment through relationship with existing and leading organisations in Papua New Guinea;
- Briefings on key industry sectors by Government departments;
- business networking events;
- functions/meetings with key business people from Port Moresby and Bougainville;
- functions/meetings with business associations from Port Moresby, Buka and Arawa in Bougainville; and,
- Proposed industry visits in Bougainville in key sectors such as agriculture; exporters/importers and tourism.
Specific opportunities have been identified in the following sectors: agribusiness industry development, tourism, marine and allied marine services, industrial and commercial manufacturing and distribution solutions and services, business development and professional services, and construction or refurbishment services in the country.