Dorm fire devastates Morobe nursing school

National

MORE than 100 male students at the Braun Lutheran School of Nursing in Finschhafen, Morobe, lost their belongings after their dormitory caught fire last month.
Finschhafen district administrator Bohage Bebinaso confirmed the incident. Attempts to reach college principal Roger Dama to verify the cause of the fire were unsuccessful.
Bebinaso said he had met with the college management and the board to discuss the matter.
“I have met with the school management and discussed the incident to find out how we can help each other to restore the situation and the building,” Bebinaso said.
A second-year trainee nurse, who requested anonymity, said all classes were suspended indefinitely.
“I was attending outpatients when I heard students and patients shouting. But I was concentrating on my duty,” he said.
“I (later) walked out of the outpatient hoping to save my bank card but it was too late. I joined male students watching the fire burnt the whole building midday Tuesday.”
He said first-year students were in the class and the second-year students were out in the field when the fire started.
He said students lost their belongings including five laptops.

Leave a Reply