EAST New Britain Governor Nakikus Konga has announced his provincial cabinet.
Konga is the chairman of the finance, planning, administration, autonomy, climate change and environment committee.
Bitapaka LLG president Cosmas Bauk was appointed deputy governor and retains his post as chairman of the education, secondary/provincial high schools, TVET and tertiary institutions committee.
Other members are:
- Boniface Gerep, (Sinivit LLG) – Lands, physical planning, forestry, mining and energy and resettlement;
- Changol Manuai (Rabaul town mayor) – Re-appointed chairman for commerce, trade and industry, investment promotion authority, labour/industrial relations and employment and foreign affairs.
- Serah Marum, (Livuan-Reimber LLG) – Human resources management and public service;
- Diuvia Kopman, (Kokopo City lord mayor) – Culture, tourism and media services;
- George Warvaula, (Balanataman LLG) – Health, HIV/Aids, preventative health care and disabilities;
- Bernard Kulap, (Lassul Baining LLG) – Primary industry, livestock, fisheries and food security;
- Herman Yareng (East Pomio LLG) – Works, transport, infrastructure, tenders board, water supply and emergency services committee. Yareng is also chairman of the members’ project funds;
- Elizabeth Malori, (Central Gazelle) – Community development, law and justice, welfare, women and youth affairs, sports development, churches and NGOs; and
- Sylvester Orome (Melkoi LLG) – Village courts, inter-government relations and national functions.
The appointed representatives are Rev Allan Kinkin (youth), Pr Nelson Ainui (NGOs) Komit Kunai (business) and Jacinta Lera (women).