TV show to create jobs


THE popular TV show Survivor series will create jobs with an investment of US$2 million (about K6.1 million) and will attract 400 international visitors to East New Britain, Governor Ereman ToBaining Jr says.
He told the assembly last Thursday that the Survivor ENB series production will begin next year if all goes well.
He said the production would boost the province’s economy.
The Survivor production crew was in ENB last week to scout for possible shooting locations.
“Their visit paves way for 400 international visitors to be brought in by the production crew to shoot the Survivor episode at selected locations in the Duke of York Islands, the South Coast and Rabaul.
This also paves way for a paper in the next executive council as this international TV series shoot will create more jobs,” he said.
According to ENB Tourism Authority chief executive officer Gard Renson, the province will know in November if it will host the series.

Leave a Reply