THE Port Moresby Women’s Softball Association is inviting all the clubs and individuals who are willing to field teams in the junior competition this year.
PMWSA president Jenny Paak said following the successful season last year, the women’s softball association will start the junior completion on Sept 2 for Under-16 and U19 boys and girls.
She added that the team registration fee was K300 which would go towards administering the competition, equipment and game balls from PMWSA for the duration of the competition.
“We are looking at a minimum of four teams in each division for both boys and girls,” Paak said.
“We need this rising star talents to provide that competitive challenge in our seasonal competitions. The association will continue to monitor this competition to ensure these rising stars find a better place into our normal seasonal competitions.” Team registration requirements are as follows:
- Expression of interest to be registered by Aug 12 (to firstname.lastname@example.org);
- Indicate division and whether it is a boys or girls team;
- U19 team mean players between the ages of 16-18 years and U16 girls team means players between the ages of 12-15 years;
- A consent forms to be completed by parents or guardians’
- The consent forms must be completed with the following:
a. Two passport size photos. IDs to be presented to players;
b. Attached with a birth certificate or passport bio-data page to verify age;
- All names to be entered on a player registration form and also indicate whether the player is covered under any medical insurance;
- Complete the team affiliation form and to also indicate clearly on the form the team name and the team colours;
- All completed forms with all attachments to be passed over to Roddie Soweni before Aug 31; and
- A completed draw will be email or given to all teams by Aug 31; The competition will be played in Sept and Oct with the finals on Oct 17.
Trophies will be awarded to individuals achievements in various field and batting categories.
The best players from this competition will also be selected to attend the junior championships sanctioned by the national softball federation.
Paak said clubs or individuals who are interested can contact Roddie Soweni on mobile number 71943951 or email Roddie Pidik Soweni on email@example.com. The PMWSA encourages juniors to take up softball.