The National, Monday, May 23, 2011
POLICE will this week seek PNG Defence Force permission to question soldiers involved in the multi-million kina destruction of Manu autoport in Port Moresby.
NCD metropolitan commander Supt Joseph Tondop said the request for permission would be made to force commander Brig-Gen Francis Agwi to allow police into Taurama barracks to conduct their own investigations.
Tondop said police had collated comprehensive findings so far and only needed statements from defence force personnel involved to round up investigations.
“By Tuesday or Wednesday a police investigating team will be visiting the military barracks to collect statements from the soldiers and others involved.”
But Tondop said anyone who had information on the riot and its aftermath should give that to officers at the Boroko police station.