THIRTEEN Correctional Service officers were issued suspension notices on Wednesday, after their replacements arrived from the Services College and CS headquarters.
The officers, who allegedly failed to attend duties on Sept 27, resulting in the mass jailbreak of 54 prisoners, will be suspended until internal investigations are completed.
After that, the suspended officers will face a disciplinary board comprising a commanding officer and two officers and would be charged pending the findings, CS Deputy Commissioner Henry Wavik said yesterday.
He said charges would be formally laid when they go before the disciplinary board, adding if they were found guilty, they would then be imposed with a penalty.
He said he was yet to confirm the exact number of female and male officers who were charged but confirmed the total number being 13, adding he would be able to supply the gender information when it was available.
Meanwhile, he said 47 escapees were still at large while six had been recaptured thanks to the combined operation of police and CS.