BULOLO MP Sam Basil is going into the Buang area of his electorate this weekend to seek the release of the Labu-Talie couple kidnapped by Buang men from their garden last Friday morning.
Up until yesterday, six days after their kidnapping, the whereabouts of the couple remains unknown.
Mr Basil spent the last four days in the Tekadu area of the Bulolo electorate near the border with the Gulf province.
He learnt of the kidnapping and the burning down of the 33 houses at Labu-Talie village after returning to Bulolo.
Yesterday, he visited the The National office to find out more about the incident.
Mr Basil said he would travel to the Buang area over the weekend and meet with his people to find out the whereabouts of the couple and seek their release.
He said the couple had to be released before any discussion could be held between the two parties involved about resolving the issues leading to the dispute.
“Permanent peace between the neighbours is our aim,” he said.
Mr Basil did not want the Labu and Buang people hating each other and behaving in this manner.
Morobe Governor Luther Wenge had been briefed about the situation and asked to help.
Police are still in the Labu-Talie area searching for the couple.