The National, Wednesday 11th January 2012
By SHIRLYN BELDEN
THE census preliminary report should be out by March, census deputy director Boe Douna has revealed.
Douna says the census data processing is progressing well at the National Statistics Office in Port Moresby to meet the March deadline.
The statistics office received all census reports from provinces at the end of last year – except for Eastern Highlands which is expected in Port Moresby shortly. The delay was due to the busy schedule of Air Niugini during Christmas and New Year.
Douna confirmed that East Sepik was the only province which had delivered its acquittal report.
Other provinces are expected to submit theirs as the reports advise how much of funds were used for the census exercise.
Douna said because there was a shortage of manpower, the office would recruit people to speed up the data processing.
The process included the check-in phase, editing and coding, data entry, tabulation, data analysis and dissemination.