By ZACHERY PER
A SPECIALLY-packaged local coffee from Goroka will be produced for leaders attending the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation meeting in November, it has been revealed.
It will be produced by the Goroka-based Namalu Coffee Limited through its PNG Nambawan Coffee brand.
It will be showcased by Apec 2018 to promote small to medium-sized enterprises, according to Namalu Coffee Ltd operators Jack Amos and Elaine Amos.
Amos said the special coffee would be served at Apec venues.
“We want to contribute significantly in a small way to market PNG to the world through coffee because Apec’s main theme for its Goroka leg meetings is coffee,” Amos said.
The two are continuing the work of pioneer Goroka coffee businessman Jack Namalu Amos.
Namalu Coffee has also packaged six other special flavours for Apec participants as gifts. The flavours are:
- Blue Mountain coffee medium roast;
- expresso coffee dark roast;
- Irish cream-flavoured coffee medium/light roast;
- caramel-flavoured coffee medium light roast;
- vanilla hazelnut coffee medium/light roast; and
- Coconut-flavoured coffee medium light roast.