Governor explains delay of projects

National

By ROSELYN ELLISON
EAST New Britain (ENB) Governor Nakikus Konga has informed the province that major projects have been on hold because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Konga said, in a statement last Tuesday, that funding from the Government was still forthcoming.
He said the funding the provincial government had was used to buy medical equipment and personal protective equipment (PPE) for all frontline officers, especially health officers and the police personnel in the province.
Konga said road construction and maintenance works had been delayed due to the state of emergency and lockdown and acknowledged that this had left many roads in need of attention after recent rains and floods.
“I would like to assure the people of East New Britain that the provincial government has not forgotten its duties as we are doing our best to maintain the roads,” he said.
Konga said the Navunaram and Malmaluan road was under maintenance and with a tender had been called for another additional kilometre from Malmaluan to Talakua and this would paid for through counterpart funding from the Gazelle development authority.
He thanked local MP Jelta Wong for funding for that section of road for maintenance.
He said another tender had also been called for the bridge and culvert work on the North Coast Road at a cost of K3 million.

One thought on “Governor explains delay of projects

  • Poor reporting and another example of why women should never be employed ats journalists. Not one of the “major projects” is mentioned by name!

Leave a Reply