By BURI GABI
THE management of bemobile Cup reigning champions NGIP Agmark Gurias have placed the cream of the players on notice after a disappointing performance in their first trial match against the Probables last weekend.
Despite their 12-6 win over the Probables, the Gurias management is calling on the players to pull up their socks or ship out.
The possible Gurias side had a below par performance in the first hit-out of the trials, despite the presence of seasoned PNG Kumuls campaigners such as George Moni, Dion Aiye, Rodney Pora, Sigfried Gande and Kevin Frank.
Gurias head coach Michael Marum told The National that the Possibles had a post-mortem after the first trial on Monday, pointing out areas lacking during the trials.
He said the management had taken stringent measures resulting in two players, who were part on last year’s premiership winning team, to be released due to unsatisfactory performances.
Being the only franchise club from the New Guinea Islands region, Gurias cannot rest on their laurels, and have opted on introducing stringent strategies to keep their top guns on their toes to defend the bemobile Cup this year.
Gurias have their first match against Bintangor Lahanis at the Kalabond oval on April 25 and the management has warned their players that holidays in East New Britain are over and it is back to business as usual.
The second trial match will be held on Saturday. It will create an opportunity for the players in the Possibles squad to prove the management and their critics wrong and impress the selectors to secure spots for the bemobile Cup season.