CLUBS intending to participate in the 2010-11 Konedobu off-season rugby league competition are urged come up with a full team to register when the season kicks off on Sunday.
League president Morris Mori said there would be a weekend of pre-season competition followed by the season proper competition.
Mori said clubs had failed to pay up their fees last year which resulted in delay to the start of the competition this year.
He is urging club presidents to meet at the Sir Hubert Murray Stadium on Sunday to iron out a few outstanding matters if they were intending to participate this season.
“All suburban off-season league competitions around the city have already begun with only the Konedobu league yet to commence,” Mori said.
He added that the maximum number of clubs required for the competition was 14, and urged clubs to register as soon as possible because there were limited number of spaces.
Mori said there would also be a soccer competition for women from the Port Moresby South ward two zone.
He added that the competition would run around the same time and was urging interested clubs to register.
Mori is also appealing for assistance from any interested sponsors willing to assist the competition.
He added that the competition was for a worthwhile cause and was aimed at providing the youths in the area with something to occupy themselves, and encourage healthy lifestyles.