The National, Monday July 22nd, 2013
By JEFFREY ELAPA
THE Government will have a nationwide rollout programme for the Kundu 2 television service if it approves a submission made to it recently, Communication Minister Jimmy Miringtoro told Parliament last week.
Miringtoro said this when replying to questions without notice from Anglimp-South Waghi MP Joe Koim, who asked if the Kundu 2 network would be expanded and rolled out to cover all the districts in the country to allow the people to be informed of what the government programmes were and what the Government was doing that would affect their lives.
He said the station was established as an independence gift from the government of Grand Chief Sir Michael Somare to the people of Papua New Guinea with funding of K30 million.
He said the Government allocated another K9 million for the roll-out programme but the funds were not sufficient to cover the entire country.
Miringtoro said only a few provinces had been covered, while other provinces and districts were yet to receive Kundu 2’s signal.
He said his ministry, through the management of the National Broadcasting Corporation, was pushing for the roll-out programme throughout the country.