The second Speakers Investment Summit will be held next Wednesday, coinciding with the PNG Investment Week.
The summit would discuss the importance of partnership between the private and public sector and the relevance of the legislative process and how businesses and parliament can grow the economy.
The Port Moresby Chamber of Commerce and Industry (POMCCI) said the summit would be held on June 19, during the PNG Investment Week from June 17-21 in Port Moresby.
Some of the discussions of the sessions include:
- Speaker Job Pomat articulating the need to be proactive with the business community in developing laws to promote the economic growth of the country;
- Deloitte PNG highlighting the second year’s report card on Business Council’s pathway publication: 2017-2022 Development Priorities Report;
- PNG Investment Promotion Authority discussing the top five provinces and their sectors that are driving economic growth;
- discuss the policies of promoting SMEs and the role of foreign investments and enterprises;
- discuss where the reform agenda should focus on the Nagora Bogan Tax Report published in 2015; and,
- Discussions on the agriculture sector being regarded as the main sector that will provide inclusive growth and participation for the people.