NATIONAL Capital District Governor Powes Parkop says the Technical Vocational Education Training (Tvet) and school fee assistance scholarship will continue to be rolled out this year.
In a paid advertisement, he said they were to assist students coming out of schools in Port Moresby access tertiary education.
“Despite the change in Government policy on subsidy to students, NCD will continue this initiative which we have been undertaking for the last 11 years,” he said.
“With the limited financial resources, the selection process will be simple but under strict guidelines to ensure only genuine NCD students qualify for the programme.”
Applications will be given out at City Hall upon the presentation of the following:
- receipt for 20 per cent component of the total school fees;
- confirmation that last school attended is in National Capital District;
- Copy of school certificate;
- Letter of confirmation from last school attended;
- Valid ID – photo from school or work, driver’s license, passport or NID card;
- Acceptance letter from tertiary or other institution where to pursue studies.
Continuing students must bring their transcript and confirmation letter from the institution.
Applications open today (Feb 3) and close on Feb 24.
Names of successful applicants will be published in the dailies at the end of March.