A PUBLIC forum organised by Morobe Governor Luther Wenge has for the second time been deferred.
The forum was supposed to be held in front of the Morobe provincial government headquarters at noon yesterday.
It failed to draw the public’s participation and has been deferred to Monday.
The organiser, Mr Wenge, was away in Port Moresby for the final Parliament session for the year.
Although the rolling stairway up to the Tutumang was set with a canvas awning and microphones and speakers, no one turned up to comment.
The forum was meant to gauge views from the public regarding the power outages in the city.
PNG Power Limited (PPL) has assured power users in the city that its workers had been working round the clock to fix the blackouts.
Operations manager John Tangitban, Momase regional manager Watson Naso and acting city manager Stanley Gogorea supervised a media tour on Tuesday to give an insight on the kind of work being done.
Mr Tangitban said PPL did not want to involve itself with issues raised by national and provincial leaders.
They would rather concentrate on doing their best to improve and maintain services to Lae, he said.