Official says provinces should pay allowances for recorders

Main Stories

PROVINCIAL governments must include the ward recorders allowances in their budgets as the Department of Provincial and Local Level Government Affairs does not have money to pay them, an official says.
Department secretary Dickson Guina told The National that provinces would now have to take on the responsibility of paying ward recorders’ allowances.
Guina in response to questions about non-payment of ward recorders allowances clarified that the department had paid them.
The Central government was the latest to roll out the ward recorder books which was launched yesterday. Guina said four provinces – Milne Bay, Manus, New Ireland and West New Britain – and three districts in Enga and one in East Sepik had all been rolled out with ward recorder books.
He said the Government, through a National Executive Council decision in 2013, had approved for ward recorders and ward councillors to be paid.
“However due to the funding we couldn’t pay the ward recorders,” Guina said. “Some provinces have taken on responsibility.”


  • Please would like to air my view for the wages for the ward recorders in my LLG (Lake Kutubu) please checked the 18 ward recorders name for Lake Kutubu and respond.

  • Dear Sir/ Madam,
    I would like to enquire and know exact dates for the up coming payment, as stated in the media.

    Thank you

Comments are closed.