Oro govt submits disaster report

National
Source:
The National, Friday July 15th, 2016

The Oro government has submitted its annual disaster report, making it the first in the country, National Disaster Centre acting director Martin Mose says.
Mose told The National that it was not compulsory for such reports but they have shown good governance.
“When the Government funding is involved, the provincial governments are required to submit an annual report on how the money was spent,” he said.
“It’s not an acquittal process but it’s all about being accountable for public funds, especially for disaster-affected provinces.
“There are projects that are co-funded.Such reports show a clear picture of what happens in the provinces and the information will help the National Disaster Centre.”
Provincial administrator Sem Vegogo and disaster coordinator Trevor Magei presented last year’s annual disaster report to Mose on Wednesday.
He has yet to see the full report but from the introduction of its presentation, Mose said it was a good report. “It shows the disaster risk management, mitigation and preparedness of the province,” Mose said.