THE PNG delegation has left for Canada to participate in the four-day global mining convention starting on Sunday.
Papua New Guinea’s profile as the preferred destination for mineral investment will be featured prominently at this year’s annual event being hosted by Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada, in Toronto.
The delegation left yesterday.
The PNG delegation consists of officers from Mineral Resources Authority (MRA), Department of Mineral Policy and Geohazards Management and officers from other Government departments.
The convention will feature:
* Exchange forum, offering up-to-the minute information on the activities and investment potential of the hottest exploration and development companies;
* Over 350 trade show exhibits showcasing non-mining companies and governments from around the globe;
* Over 550 resource companies exhibiting in the investors exchange;
* Dynamic luncheon speakers; and
* Superb social programme offering the industry’s best networking opportunities and more
In a statement, MRA managing director Kepas Wali said PNG will be one of many countries attending to showcase to the international markets its mineral potential.
The annual event attracts more than 120 countries, 20,000 participants and more than 1,000 exhibitors.
Members of PNG mining industry participating include PNG Chamber of Mines and Petroleum, Marengo Mining Ltd, Woodlark Mining, Allied Gold, Highlands Pacific, Titan Mines, Papuan Precious Metals, Vangold and Niugini Gold.
The PNG delegation aims to promote and encourage the concept of responsible and sustainable mining.