KUMUL Petroleum Holdings Ltd has signed a six-year agreement with Site Group International to manage and operate the Kumul Petroleum Academy.
Kumul Petroleum Academy is a competence-based training, coaching and assessment centre focusing on oil, gas, energy and power industries
Managing-director Wapu Sonk said the agreement was an essential building block to their quest of becoming a national oil and gas company.
Sonk said that this agreement would also benefit their partnerships with ExxonMobil, Oil Search and Total.
“We will be able to provide a long term, in-country solution to competence and skills development that will be mapped to recognised international standards,” he said.
“We will also provide the platform for long-term development and sustainability.”
Site Group brings with it wealth of international experience serving major clients in oil, gas and the energy space.
It has an impressive capability in local and national workforce development through managing competence and capability.
The centre comprises:
- Blended learning classrooms for knowledge and skills development;
- Open plan workshops for core skills development;
- Instrument/ electrical and mechanical workshops for specific skills development;
- SGI’s safe live process plant inclusive of centralised control room, electrical motor control centre, creating a real workplace environment for training, coaching and on the job assessment;
- Administration area;
- Canteen facilities; and
- Accommodation and recreation areas.
The centre will offer a wide range of competence-based courses and programmes including:
- Safety and behavioural safety courses including permit to work, risk assessment and safe isolations;
- Emergency response and crisis management courses;
- 12 -month junior technician development programme for production, instrumentation, electrical and mechanical disciplines;
- 12-week graduate work experience programme for a range of engineering disciplines including chemical, electrical, instrument, mechanical and civil;
- Skills enhancement courses for instrument, electrical and mechanical disciplines; and
- Supervisor and management courses.