EIGHT students at the PNG University of Technology in Lae will be showcasing their final-year projects during a fundraising dinner in Goroka at the end of this month.
Unitech Eastern Highlands students and staff association executives in a letter said the projects were relevant to developments in the province.
The student projects are:
- A feasibility study on a new micro hydro scheme in Keremu, Daulo District;
- an automated solar power back-up system for EHP provincial hospital;
- a proposed design of the Danny Leahy oval;
- the tender of large contracts in PNG;
- creating solar cells from organic materials;
- surface sewage analysis through watershed approach at Fimito;
- a standalone turbine for Ramu Sugar Irrigation; and
- Bioremediation potential for native micro-organism (bacteria) for heavy metal in polluted soil.