By ALISON ANIS
POLICE in the nation’s capital have identified six suspects involved in the killing of a Grade 12 student in Port Moresby on April 9.
The killing forced five Catholic church-run secondary education institutions in NCD to be suspended between two days and a week.
The suspension of classes affected around 3,000 students.
The schools were suspended for the safety of their students due to the fear of retaliation or people taking advantage of the killing for their own interests.
Officer-in-charge of Boroko’s criminal investigating division (CID) Mark Yangen said arrests were yet to be made pending further investigations.
“At least one of the suspects is known and police are looking for them,” he said.
Mr Yangen said an arrest could lead to six other suspects but “we believe more were involved in the murder”.
The student was stabbed to death during a fight between students.
Meanwhile, Don Bosco Technical School in Gabutu resumed classes yesterday after declaring last week as a school holiday.
Two other Catholic-run schools, Jubilee Secondary and De La Salle High School,
are now on a term holiday this week.
They have confirmed that they would be starting class on April 26.