MINISTER for Tourism Arts and Culture Emil Tammur MP has welcomed the appointment of the new Tourism Promotion Authority Board by the National Executive Council.
He said he had great confidence in the board as it represented a cross-section of the tourism sector.
Its members brought lots of experience, both in the public and private sectors, to drive the Government’s tourism development initiatives.
“The Government is keen on progressing major developments initiatives in the tourism sector,” Tammur said.
The board members were confirmed by the NEC on Jan 15, following recommendations from the ministerial executive appointments committee. They will serve a term of two years.
- Jackson Zabala representing hoteliers;
- Highlands-based tour operator Pym Mamindi representing tour operators;
- Air Niugini chief executive officer Alan Milne representing the national airline;
- private accountant Edward Uma representing the banks and financial Institutions;
- Goroka Show chairlady Keryn Hargreaves on behalf of tourist operators;
- Toea Julius Chan representing the commuter and charter airline Industry;
- Gregory Wong for the tourism industry; and,
- Sioni Sioni representing tourism development generally.