The University of Technology alumni association elected officials during an annual meeting at Lae International Hotel on March 2.
It was the association’s first annual meeting since the association was incorporated on Nov 7, 2017.
The association was launched on April 5, 2018, by Minister for National Planning and Monitoring Richard Maru who was member.
The new officials are president Ernie Gangloff, vice-president Brian Alois, treasurer Aina Davies and secretary Christopher Dobunaba.
Gangloff, who was interim president until his election this month, presented an overview of the association and audited annual financial report at the meeting.
He said the alumni association was established to:
- Provide a forum tfor networking;
- Promote Unitech as the leading science and technological university in the region;
- Promote academic and professional development programme;
- Foster mutually beneficial relationships between the alumni, business organisations, governments and development partners;
- Provide collegial support to Unitech; and
- Publish and present on all objectives mentioned.
The association has been calling on all graduates to become members. Former and recent graduates of Unitech are also encourage to join.
The association has an operating account for all membership fees to be paid into.
The account is:
- Name – PNG Unitech (PNGUOT) Alumni Inc.
- Account No. – 7013078741.
- Bank – BSP