The National, Friday March 7th, 2014
A CONTRACTOR has moved into the main village to start work on landscaping after the National Capital District Commission approved the constitutional park to be developed for the Melanesian Arts and Culture Festival in June.
Jalari Contractor began landscaping work last week.
Arts, Culture and Tourism Minister Boka Kondra said preparations for other satellite venues were underway.
“It is expected that preparations for those venues will be ready before the festival begins,” Kondra said.
Kondra, Dr Jacob Simet, acting executive director and chairman for the 5th Melanesian Festival of Arts and Culture, and the national committee for the festival was doing regional launchings for the satellite venues.
The first launching was done in Mt Hagen and the same will be done for three others venues this month.
Kondra said overall preparations were underway and most of the contractors in NCD and the satellite venues were engaged to speed the preparation work.
“Late release of funds by the government caused delays, yet the work for the preparations is well underway,” he said.