The National, Thursday July 11th, 2013
THIRTEEN Seventh-Day Adventist (SDA) members from New Ireland left the country on Tuesday to attend a world conference on youth and community service in South Africa.
Kavieng MP and Minister for Public Enterprise and State Investments Ben Micah said on Monday the district had helped the youths with K160,000 to support their trip.
He said the conference would help the young people to maximise their skills and improve the district when they returned.
The conference was aimed at:
- Celebrating God’s grace as a global family of Adventist youth;
- Fostering and developing friendship, community, and global unity among the diversity of nations and cultures that our world church represents;
- Experiencing revival and reformation through a fresh outpouring of the Holy Spirit;
- Mobilising a global discipleship movement; and,
- Providing firsthand experience in frontline mission and service.