Adventist groups open building

Faith

The Bisiatabu District of the Central Papua Conference of Seventh-Day Adventist Church has recently opened and dedicated a new district office and directors c
omplex.
Retired missionaries, church workers and church members gathered at the district grounds with fellow workers from the other
districts in CPC to celebrate the opening.
Officiating at the event was CPC President Ps Kove Tau who offered the dedicatory prayer for God to bless and grow his work in Bisiatabu.
CPC chief financial officer Max Lassah said that the financial growth and maturity at conference and district levels were the result of deliberate planning and the faithfulness of members.
Work on the new district complex began last September and was completed in nine months.
The double storey brick building is a standout among the hills of Bisiatabu.
The ground floor has the district treasury office, director’s office, Adventist Book Centre (ABC) outlet, bathroom amenities and two conference rooms.
The upper level has  the district Director’s housing with guest rooms.
Labour was partially sourced locally and from Goroka
including building supervisor Jonah Bipiza.
Bisiatabu District Director Ps Miller Kuso and the district committee were very appreciative of the tireless work by the construction team and the conference’s financial backing for
the successful delivery of the new complex.
Pioneer missionary Septimus Carr and his Fijian colleague Benni Tavodi, when referred by the then colonial Central administrator in 1908, travelled the ridges from Port Moresby to find the very place in which the current facilities are located.
Ps Carr confided with the villagers from Dauri and Eiki clans to build a station and from there the work spread to Aroma, Korela, other parts of Central
and throughout  PNG.

Leave a Reply