The National, Friday 12th April, 2013
By FRANKIY KAPIN
A SOCIAL media group has apologised to East New Britain Governor Ereman ToBaining Jnr and Gazelle MP Malakai Tabar for alleged defamatory comments.
In a joint statement released yesterday by East New Britain Today (ENBT) president Helam Koaik, action team leader Apisai Jubilee and project team leader Leo Dion Jr, the group apologised to both MPs but said they were yet to verify the claims.
Koaik said ENBT was created over a year ago to debate issues affecting the people in the province and had attracted almost 2,000 members “who are ENB people from all walks of life living in and outside the province”.
“ENBT is both young and old; there are more than a thousand professionals in this group who have contributed to the development of ENB over the years and have initiated healthy discussions and proposals on the social media group on Facebook which can greatly assist the government of the day,” she said. “We all want to do the same thing; assist our people and we are here to work closely with the provincial administration and other major stakeholders.”
Dion said ENBT was a forum for “constructive debate and alternate suggestions”.
ToBaining last month lashed out the group and court action if they continued to spread what he described as “malicious lies and defamatory statements” on Facebook.