NSL awaiting nod

Sports

The Kumul Petroleum National Soccer League (NSL) restart has been pushed back from tomorrow to next Saturday, pending approval from national pandemic controller David Manning.
Organisers of the competition are intending to have all matches played behind closed doors.
NSL acting manager Dimirit Mileng said the competition would resume under strict guidelines and restrictions would continue during the lockdown.
“We have put together a submission for the controller and are awaiting approval to start next weekend,” he said.
“Last week, our staff, match officials, volunteers and franchise representatives attended a coronavirus-awareness workshop.
“They were made aware of precautionary measures in respect to re-booting sports in a Covid-19 environment.
“Players must follow all the guidelines like no sharing, no handshakes, no goal celebrations in clusters — just to mention a few.”
Mileng said everyone involved in the competition would be issued venue passes.
“Temperature checks will be taken before entry into the venue.
“If someone has a temperature greater than 37.5 degrees Celsius, entry may be denied.
“Social distancing has to be maintained as security officials will enforce it.
“Therefore, everyone involved in the competition must take heed of the advice.”
Mileng said entry would not be permitted if people failed to comply with the guidelines.

Leave a Reply