THE Marape/Steven Government has abolished 100 per cent funding to the Tuition Fee Free (TFF) policy.
It is a ‘good decision’ and a ‘long time waiting to come’.
What will be the outcome of it?
The following will occur despite early dissatisfaction by some sections of the society:
- Make parents to think twice;
- family size control will take effect and with adequate spacing, assist in population control. The population growth rate for PNG is three per cent per annum;
- alcohol, smoking and gambling will slow down;
- violence might lessen. In fear of money lost in compensation, money intended for school fees will be saved and will lead to peace and order;
- children will know parents are working very hard to pay for school fees and will study hard;
- early adequate learning will be an advantage;
- indirectly or directly get families into SME; and,
- Tertiary schools will be better equipped to train the workforce.
Dr James Naipao
President of National Doctors Association