Investigate illegal tenants


I APPEAL to the Lands and Physical Planning Department, National Housing Corporation (NHC), National Capital District Commission and other concerned authorities to look into state properties such as NHC flats in Port Moresby.
There are many illegal tenants occupying state properties and creating unnecessary disturbances and nuisance such as playing loud music at night, gambling, interfering and harassing legal tenants, and a host of other nuisance and unnecessary disturbances.
These illegal tenants are making the place look like squatter settlements.
We understand that NHC flats within Port Moresby or elsewhere are supposed to be occupied by legal tenants such as public servants.
But how come unemployed persons and persons not working for the government are occupying state properties? Can concerned authorities do something about this?

Samson Warato

Leave a Reply